When my children were little I used to play on the piano a primary song that began with the simple phrase,
"Heavenly Father, are you really there?"
I was always surprised because for me, you always were. I have always had the faith in a greater being, in a God, who loved me and loved families and sent me to this amazing place. I have always felt lucky and incredibly blessed to belong to such an awesome family and extended group of beautiful, strong and hardworking women. My father, my Grandpa P and L, all of the men were strong and good examples as well. The only issue was that they weren't a part of a religion that I was. My mother taught me early on that it didn't matter, that it would all work out. That bode against what I was being taught in church which was it wouldn't be, that they were lost because they had the truth exposed to them and they turned their backs. That didn't seem right either but nothing ever makes sense in the deeper doctrines because opinions wreck such havoc on them.
So why I am addressing You today God? Because of something my sister said today, my beautiful, smart, incredible sister. She attended the party I couldn't bring myself to go to and was asked, "Is S happy?" and she told me how she responded.
It made me think about everything that has never made sense to me when it came to being Momo and then it was like the light switch flicked on.
So what did she say?
She said that for all the years she has known me, 50 to be exact, she had never seen me happier. That's it, that's all because M isn't one to waste her words. She spoke everything I have felt, feel and hope. I am happier and more content and stronger and I wouldn't be here if I would have ever accepted the status quo of my past life.
So God, I don't think anymore it's all about absolutes. I think you love EVERYONE and not one faith has all the answers or rights to be with you. I am free of the prejudice of a faith that prides itself in being the ONLY true faith because I now know that there are so many other faiths and beliefs that bring all to You.
There won't be another faith for me, just a belief, a strong knowledge of YOUR unconditional love for me and for ALL people and things and so on in the beautiful world you have so graciously afforded me and all the others who have and will inhabit it.
For this last year I have grown and learned and expanded all that I know and I AM, TRULY AM, happier than I have ever been.
I have a great Life, hard sometimes but great.
Thank you Dear God, Thank you. Oh, and BTW - thanks for an amazing sista, and hold her close, she deserves it!
No comments:
Post a Comment