Friday, March 11, 2011

Finding Peace!


I totally melted down today! I mean tears, heartache and stress. It all started very early. Let me explain.

I woke up at around 3:30AM this morning. I was pulling a Joy with the TV on and when I came downstairs I open up my facebook and found a message from a dear friend. They were heading to higher ground, the Tongan Temple to be precise because there was a wave coming, a big one and the highest point of ground wasn't going to be high enough. I was scared and was nearly beside myself. I woke up W and started to explain and I could see that he could see that I wasn't myself. He came to the TV and that's when we saw all the destruction and the wave, the kind of wave my dear A was waiting on a hill for and tears started to flow. W took me into his arms and I felt safe and more easy. Then, the TV showed the warning map and both of us held our breath as we realized the scope of the destruction that might be possible and right there, at the top of the map was Prince Rupert. D lives there and we both realized that this natural disaster was big, bigger than anything we had ever seen. W phoned his sister and she was shocked. Sure enough, they were getting warnings too. Wow, sitting on a hill in Tonga to a concern in Prince Rupert, BC. It makes you realize just how Small the world can be at times like this.

I actually had to step away from the TV for a time. I was having flashbacks to 9/11 when I literally OCD's my fingernails away. We knew the wave was hitting Tonga at around 9:30 - 10:00 AM and I haven't prayed as much, shoot, lets call it what I did, BEGGED! I thought I had called in all my favors for all the prayers I had been sending Auzzie way but alas, I am sure all the prayers that were going heavenward were heard and the path of destruction was much less that expected. My loves are safely back home and then it happened. I melted down.

I have so many loves in my life. I thought losing my Mom had brought me to accept loss but what I realized is that there is nothing I can ever do to stop the inevitable if that is what is to be but the fear came when I realized that there are some of these loves far away and that got me, deep inside and it all came out.

W knew exactly what to do to help and away we went. The mountains and away and in his arms I was.

Thank you  W.  Thank you.

No comments: