Sunday, March 6, 2011

Bo Bo's and other Maladies.

Since forever or what may seem so I have been a Mom. I have been through more than the ringer with coughs, colds, fevers, heck.... even whooping cough and I have always seemed to know just exactly how to make my babies feel better. Now, as they are all adults there are times when I feel helpless in knowing or being able to make the hard stuff of being sick go away.

K2 was skiing on Friday and feel and knocked herself out. Can I just say, here and now, Thank God for helmets. Anyway you look at it, her tumble was huge and now we have a girl with a bad headache. A concussion. She's on my couch, feeling very malaise and hugs an kisses don't work anymore. As a matter of record, a bad headache can illicit some pretty grouchy behavior and to say I have bitten my tongue a few times would be a fair statement. What gets me though, is I feel that same achy way I did all those years ago when she was sick back then. Is that weird?

D has a locked jaw as a result of a sever under bite and his pain is immense at this time too. K1 is preggo and feeling pretty sick and K3 isn't fairing well either at this time. As a Mom, I wish I could bundle them all up, put them in their rooms here and return to that time when I could be the full time Mom I was once before I had to go to work. It's hard, what I would give to be able to just take care of my babies. I miss the days when that was the only worry I had.

Funny hey, that if you would have said back then that I would wish for those days again, I would have thought you crazy. Now, I wish it was all that simple again. Too bad wishing couldn't make it so.

No comments: