Tuesday, December 21, 2010

NAT KING COLE L-O-V-E



I woke up this morning and rushed off without even thinking. When I got to work and my day went into a full sprint I realized, almost out of nowhere, that I had forgotten to wish W a happy anniversary. We had gone out last night because he had to travel to Frank, BC to help his old boss so we actually celebrated yesterday but today is the 21st, our actual anniversary and I was awe struck, a whole year has gone by and it seems like it literally flew by.


I called W right away and we laughed. Even though we are madly in love with each other it seems we have little expectation of making it a grand or ostentatious experience. We fit well and we seem to instinctively trust each other. We know what it means to be hurt and we don't take much for granted but we don't level unrealistic expectations on each other.


Well, I have been thinking about what this year has brought to me. It has given me a feeling of self worth and wholeness not because W gave it to me but because what he does give to me is a sense of well being and a safe and trusted place to lay my fears and weaknesses without any judgment. He has proven that LOVE was everything I had ever imagined and dreamed it would be.


We disagree but do so respectfully and we have never fought. When we have disagreed we have spoken our way through it and we have tried to understand each other and the thought of ever feeling better or superior never comes into play - EVER. W brings to our union a kindness I have never experienced before in a relationship like this. He is the answer to the prayers I ever sent heaven ward about feeling what love was supposed to always be.


I love that I can cry and his arms cradle my tears, I love that with my greatest insecurities at play he shields me from harm, and I love that he is what you see and make no excuses.


This year flew by and it did so because the journey was always meant to be filled with the JOY that W helps me to see.


Thank-you W for giving me in one year the unconditional love and acceptance that was denied for all those many years before and for proving to me that knights in shining armour still exist. You are indeed my Sir W.


I love you.... always and forever.

No comments: