Saturday, September 25, 2010

Can you Take the Mormon Out?

Fall is my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE time of year. When I was at BYU I would drive home for a weekend just to smell the air here because Fall doesn't smell the same anywhere else. The farmers market's at bristling with people and the fruits and vegetables are to die for. Can you smell the Kettle Corn being made and feel the crisp cold that says winter is knocking. Today was no different... well, maybe warmer than usual but wow, the Farmer's market was great and today, BBG 3 came with because it was Salsa Day!
K2 joined us when we got home and thus started Salsa day. Par boiling tomatoes - Roma this time - tons of peppers and onions, I am still crying and something new - salsa seasoning. Pica Picante' Salsa seasoning which I think made it extra yummy this year!

This time, the girls found some of my old quilting fabric and decided to "dress it up" some because heaven knows you make salsa to give away! No worries though, we held some back for ourselves this time. I can hardly wait for the next few weeks while it rests so the flavours can infuse through the bottles!
All packed up at the end of the day..... I don't know what makes me feel more whole, harvesting and canning from the bounties of the harvest or spending the day with the girls doing something we love, hard to say!

And now, because we have Wayne around and he is the ultimate canner - go figure, the one who didn't grow up Mormon is the best canner of us all, we added something new this year! We are all over the moon because we've never done it before but LOVE-LOVE-LOVE PICKLES!!!!


Can you believe how lucky we are!!! YUMMY!

No comments: