Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Life Lesson #5 Pay off your Credit Cards

#5. "Pay off your credit cards every month."

So, the one good lesson that remains from my marriage is the principal of living a debt free life. The principal of living without debt has been taught from the pulpit of conference for many years. It has never had as much relevance as it has in these past few months and it is the one lesson that I remain true to.

It hasn’t been easy without the child support or any help from the ex. I am trying hard for D to have the life he deserves and yet he is the trooper no one truly understands. It means sacrifices and pulling the purse strings in but I also know and live by the fact that the winner to this earth race is not the one who dies with the most amount of money. It’s the relationships we share with our families that matter.

A provident life is a serene life and to judge how others live is not in keeping with the gospel. I know men who pride themselves in living so frugally and yet save millions of dollars and spend nothing on their families and I know men who save, carrying no debts and yet live a full and enriched life sharing their abundance with all they see have needs. Being cheap is not a virtue, living within your means is.

So, when the curtain call comes, I will have enjoyed my sojourn on this earth, I will die debt free but I will have lived and truly “Enjoyed the Journey!”

No comments: