Monday, March 9, 2009

Breathe

"Breathe, Let go, and remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure."

Oprah Winfrey

My asthma has flared up in a way that I haven't felt since I was a little girl. Breathing is so hard and the coughing, oh my gosh, I feel like there is nothing left to cough up. I really dislike this and I wish with all my heart that this would resolve itself.

I know when I am not well because my Rocky hovers and starts to lick my feet incessantly. It drives me crazy and makes me stop and think, what can I do?

My Bishop came over yesterday with his youngest son to give me a blessing. I love blessings because they always address the needs that are most in my heart. I can't control my asthma but I can control my stress. He relieved much of my stress.

I wish I could a take a big breath and just relax but right now, that's just not possible. I believe with all my heart that struggles are meant to help us and that finding the strength endure will only make you stronger.

Last night, as the coughing got really bad and the pity party was rising to the surface, I stopped and thought; live right now and think that this too will pass, it will end and I will return to breathing normally again. I need to keep focused on getting through now and not worried about all the other things that may seem impossible.

No comments: