"Always fall in with what you're asked to accept. Take what is given, and make it over your way. My aim in life has always been to hold my own with whatever's going. Not against: with."
~ Robert Frost-
There are so many times when I have asked the question; why? Especially the why me? You know that time when you skirt self pity and the party is just waiting to happen. It's inevitable that we all, at some point in our lifes, have a pity party. It's human nature.
It's what you do at the party that can make or break you. Sure, life sucks. I can name a dozen reasons why I should give up. Heck, I can give a thousand reasons why some of my friends should start giving up but it doesn't prove anything except that the realizing the end just wasn't real.
I can't even tell you my end point but what I can tell you is of my journey. Whenever I have worked against the grain the effort has always proven pointless. Trust me when I say that I have and probably will again do this. What I have learned is to trust my instinct. Even when something is hard, if I pray and seek help, He has always offered His help. It sometimes comes in the strangest and most obscure way but always the journey, in the end seems worth it.
So when my life seems completely twisted and turned upside down what I do, or at least try to do, is find reason. The reason may not make a whole ton of sense but it always enlightens me when it has completely unfolded. It's in the trusting that I grow the most. I think that would be the spiritual definition of faith.
Who'd of thunk that I could define faith. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment