It's been a year, and when I think about it I can scarcely think that it has gone by so fast. Last new year's eve, all I could feel is heartache and loss. Every Scotsman's blood running through me dreaded that what happened was an omen to what 2011 would bring. Rocky has been gone a year and so much right has come that I have had to completely rethink that omen.
Every Christmas season the letters come, you know the ones. Some full of the lives of your friends, the "Cleavers", you know the family - the perfect family, then there's the ones from the "Cranks", full of the struggles and pains. I have often thought what a letter from our household would say. For quite a few years my sister and I would sit and crack ourselves up with what it would say. I think we laughed because in reality the pain was just so painful.
So I could write all about the great things that have happened through the year but all I am going to say is check the side of the blog and read whatever grabs your attention. The levels of this year have been less intense but there and mostly it's been good, great in fact. Ending with the births of my two loves, M and C. Mothers came through with flying colors and Dad's are good too. K2 and D are happy, healthy and loving life - all of those babies of mine are making me very proud.
W and I joke about the honeymoon being over but what it has become is a great relationship. He is my BEST FRIEND and we laugh, love and share our lives. We are going on a cruise in April, a great pic adventure. I look forward to so many travels with that man. He has redefined so much for me and when life gets tough he gets to a place where he lifts me and I can't tell you just how much it means to be supported. I have no idea where I would be without him, he is a blessing in my life.
So here is my hope for 2012.
First that if it is the end of the world year - at least I want and will have another great and fulfilling year. Freedom from constraints and having an open mind has been so good for me. I have no worries over this because even if it is, God and I are on good terms.
Building on my social circle - finding new friends not confined to faith and reestablishing those friendships that were constrained by faith before. Love meeting new people and this new life affords so many new possibilities.
My new years resolution - Making sure that I bring good energy when I enter rooms. This will be tough, I can sometimes be a Debbie downer so I have promised myself to see the positive of everything first, as best I can and become that person who doesn't complain.
Continuing to build a repaired and happy family and loss the past completely. I care sometimes about it and it needs to be forgotten. It happened, it's over and even though it still is a part of us it can be put aside and should be.
Hopefully find some kind of resolution for the temple cancellation that doesn't involve completely walking away. This is going to take courage and I will work on it.
House train Missy - this may be the toughest quest of all for 2012. Wish us luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment