Blogging has been hard to do, what with holding my new grandson and all, hanging out with my amazing daughter and A and just enjoying this beautiful country.I had wondered what it would be like here being down under and all. I mean I am, quite literally, 1/2 round the world. I have come to a better understanding of the culture, of the people and the area. It is beautiful here.
Tonight I wanted to stay in, we had a chance to dine downtown Brisbane and see the laser light show but what I really wanted to do is just feel this family one more night, feel this home and watch my grandson fall more in love with his parents everyday and to feel that tomorrow, when I leave, there will really be - "No worries".
Every Aussie says this as they leave you, they bid you bye and follow with the words - "no worries mate". I wondered what it meant and why it's used and all I could come up with is that here, life is about finding reasons to chill and enjoy. Things don't get done nearly as quickly as at home and when I heard A and his friend talk about the Aussie way of working I have to say I was a bit envious about having such a lackadaisical attitude. come on, showing up at 9am, 2 hour lunches and leaving right at 4 and still having a job to speak of. That would be firing at home.
But alas, I can't live here - that being two places at once doesn't work so I have to go home and inside of me is falling to pieces. I wish with all my heart I could be here to help, to hold and to just be a full time part of this family. Thank goodness for SKYPE - all I have to say.

So tomorrow I board a plane and then I wait for 10 weeks until this family flies North for Christmas. And then, we do what most families do anyway, we work it out and find reasons to see each other and we love, even 1/2 around the world from each other, because that's what families do. I can do it, even if my heart breaks along the way because of the ache of not holding my C in my arms. Considering the alternative of whose arms he's in, there really are "NO WORRIES MATE".
No comments:
Post a Comment