Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Peace and Other Misnomers

It is late and I may not make any sense but I have felt strongly that I need to clarify that though at times I may sound angry here I am VENTING and because of that I may offend people. For that I am sorry.

There has been so much water under the bridge of my life. Sometimes the water has left scars and changed the topography of my journey and as I move forward I sometimes veer off and find myself floundering. I make quick corrections and it helps and then I smile.

I am smiling now.

Peace is something that is intoxicating. I find it more now than I ever have. It reaches into my heart the very moment I think twice about this journey I am on and levels my anxiety.

What you all need to understand is that I am, above all, a freakin mother grizzly bear and when it comes to my kids never question it. I am also my husbands wife and I love him more than life itself, he too has my support. I understand family now more than ever. I get it.

A few weeks back, on one of my camera adventures, we came across a once in a lifetime experience. As I watched this beautiful animal mother her cubs I finally got the saying about "mother bears". Life has so much that makes twists and turns happen unexpectantly. I have had my fair share these last few years. The one thing that remains constant are the roles I love so much; wife, mother. That hasn't changed for me, it never will.

So, if my words are offensive, I am sorry. My hope is that at some point, these words will matter and make a difference to the lives of those who make my roles matter. Life has changed me, it has brought a whole new truth and wisdom, one I am unafraid of. Fear is something that has essentially disappeared from my life. It is, as so eloquently worded, a wonderful life.

No comments: