Being unwanted, unloved, uncared for, forgotten by everybody, I think that is a much greater hunger, a much greater poverty than the person who has nothing to eat. ~ Mother Teresa
Conversations can sometimes enlighten another much more than at first anyone would have thought. Sometimes, tidbits of information come out, completely bereft of any judgment and the speaker, not knowing the information can make something that was once obscure completely clear, inadvertently allows for an eye opening moment. I had one of those moments this morning. I know that there was never any intention of an AHA moment happening by the person who was speaking but it just did, and Thank God for it. I feel very enlightened.Life has a way of balancing the fairness of it self. You never know when it will and sometimes the outcome can bring the person wishing for justice uncomfortable but karma is karma and God’s will trumps anything we may ever want or ever wish for.
As I was multi-thinking (tasking) while the conversation was moving forward I realized just how blessed I am. What I value most in the world is the inclusion my children grant me in their lives. Of hearing their wishes and dreams, heartaches and mishaps. Of learning of K1’s wish for her baby bump to materialize and the shear joy of the first flutter that both K1 and K3 have shared. Of all the turmoil of K2 as she juggles the attentions of all the many suitors and her struggles with knowing what it is she really wants from her journey. The moment the morning phone call comes as K3 talks about all the different ways to advert morning sickness. Of hearing the blessed Sax or computer games blaring from the basement or experiencing D as he researches and timidly comes forward to ask my opinion on a family crest for a tattoo and how he laughs at my reactions. These moments make me rich. These moments make me love this journey. These are the reasons we come here and move through the journey and I need to keep reminding myself of the wealth I do have as I can and do experience all life is offering me.
I may not end this journey with a ton of money but what I will exit it with is a life of shared moments and JOY, incredible JOY of having really known my amazing kids and of loving them and having the honor of their love being returned. I need to keep reminding myself of that, always. As much as I think there is injustice, maybe the justice comes by simply being involved. Of loving and caring for these wonderful souls I call my children; and what more amazing JOY could there be than to look forward to then being called a Grandma. Oh my goodness my heart swells at the thought.
For way too long I have defined justice in the wrong way, or heck, even wanted it in the first place. The best thing one can ever do for one’s self is to recognize the harm you do whether meant or not to others. You must and should correct it. The cost you pay for not doing so is far greater that ever believing you assertion of being right in the first place ever will be. I love forgiveness. Thanks to all who have given it and here is to working extra hard at learning to forgive others. That for sure is my Achilles heals of life.
I am grateful for never having to feel true hunger both in the literal sense and in Mother Teresa’s sense. Love is truly a many splendid thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment