The Road Not Taken
TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;
Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,
And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost (1874–1963). Mountain Interval. 1920.
I had one of my last Friday's off today. It gave me some time. I woke up early and ran some necessary errands. I got a new vacuum which is totally boring but in my life, completely surreal. I went with W and let me tell you. I adore being with him, making decisions with him, just living a journey with him. I know for most of you, this kind of day to day activity is tedious but for me, so wonderful.
W took his daughter to Elbow Falls and I chose to stay home as I am still recovering. I get these unexpected fevers and my back can ache so I didn't want to push it. Just after he left D came home from his first ever adult and alone (without parents or family) camping trip. My Baby is D is a grown up. Soon the house was a buzz with kids because K3 and M came to pay there first month's rent. Wow, weird to be a landlord but I have great tenants. We chatted for a bit and then they were off to fill the rest of their day with their journey. D left and I had the house alone.
I sat on my new deck built by my amazing husband and the puppies were playing and the birds singing. I was tired but content and I realized; this road I am on is wonderful. I feel blessed. Had you told me I would feel this way, had you told me that even with the ride being up and down and around that I would know it my heart that this was the road best for me I would have thought you crazy.
My life isn't perfect, it isn't always pretty, it doesn't always please the people around me but what it is is the journey best suited for me.
The journeys we impart on are never quite what we ever planned but wow the ride is exhilarating. There are things I wish I could change; things I wish I could understand or have others understand better but what I love the most is this feeling in my heart, in my very soul, that defines this new life.
I miss my daughter K1 so much. That's the part that isn't easy.
I sat on my new deck built by my amazing husband and the puppies were playing and the birds singing. I was tired but content and I realized; this road I am on is wonderful. I feel blessed. Had you told me I would feel this way, had you told me that even with the ride being up and down and around that I would know it my heart that this was the road best for me I would have thought you crazy.
My life isn't perfect, it isn't always pretty, it doesn't always please the people around me but what it is is the journey best suited for me.
The journeys we impart on are never quite what we ever planned but wow the ride is exhilarating. There are things I wish I could change; things I wish I could understand or have others understand better but what I love the most is this feeling in my heart, in my very soul, that defines this new life.
I miss my daughter K1 so much. That's the part that isn't easy.

No comments:
Post a Comment