10. "When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile."
I have never in my life been a real fan of chocolate. Sure, there are some bars that I love like a cold Kit Kat or a Dairy Milk right when the time is right to sugar rush but in general, it is something I can live without. I have actually lived without it when I swore off it just prior to the beginning of my divorce. I needed to find a reasonable way to work through the emotions of divorce and I doubt an addiction to chocolate would have helped.
I have friends that live, breath and die for the flavor of the God’s. They are connoisseurs and every meaningful occasion is accented by an incredible dessert that is divinely decadent. They then slave at the gym or run their hearts out while they pay the price for their sojourn into the “dark side”. It is here when I am grateful for those years I swore off it.
I think chocolate is a good allegory to life. Sin – like chocolate is sweet and tempting and probably not so good for us and resisting it can bring us an immense amount of character but at times…. you wonder why? Is chocolate or sin for that matter that bad? I haven’t had a ton of experience with both but for those who I have watched go through the sorrow of sin I can feel its intense influence in their lives. I wonder then why people do repeats, its crazy really. Clearly my inexperience is drawing conclusions here.
I hope that there will come a time in my life where by I can truly appreciate chocolate in my life. I have and so experience so many other amazing things, I am sure it will just add to an already rich and wonderful life.
No comments:
Post a Comment